DENKA AN PLATE
A high thermal conductivity ceramic substrate based on aluminum nitride (AIN) having thermal conductivity about seven times greater than that of alumina
- High thermal conductivity: 7 times greater than that of alumina
- High insulation performance: low dielectric constant, electric properties as good as those of alumina
- Mechanical properties: high strength equivalent to alumina
- Low thermal expansion ratio: close to that of silicon
So far advanced, it leaves the other competitors in the dust.
Aluminum nitride is drawing attention as a high thermal conductivity ceramic substrate and packaging materials in areas requiring high insulation and heat dissipating performance, such as power transistor modules and high frequency to microwave semiconductor circuits.
DENKA has developed AN PLATE using nitriding and sintering technologies acquired through the development of fine ceramics, such as boron nitride and silicon nitride, and metal substrate manufacturing technology acquired through the development of HITT PLATE.
DENKA AN PLATE is a high thermal conductivity ceramic substrate based on aluminum nitride having thermal conductivity several times greater than that of alumina. The product is available in various grades, mainly as ceramic circuit substrates for power modules requiring high thermal conductivity and electric strength, including a standard type (150 W/mK), a high thermal conductivity type (180 W/mK), a high-reliability type with high heat cycle resistance, and a thick, higher electric strength type.
Our total production/control system from the raw material (AIN powder) through copper bonding has enabled us to realize the highest quality and cost performance ever seen in the market.
- Power transistor module: for industrial machinery (machine tools, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, wind power generation, FA robots, etc.), electric railway
- Power supply: Uninterrupted power supplies (UPS)
- Light emitting diode (LED): Mounting substrate
- Automotive (HEV inverters)
General properties of AIN (representative values)
Electronics & Innovative Products
Electronic Products Dept.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to always test products before use and confirm their fitness for purpose and safety.
- Any product contained on this Website or any product using a product contained on this Website should be disposed of in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Before use, please confirm the detailed method of use, precautions, and other information by using the technical documentation and Material Safety Data Sheet. These materials are available from the relevant Division. Please request them.
- The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice as new knowledge becomes available.