Publications on the Protection of Personal Information
Denka Company Limited (Hereinafter referred to as "we") may receive personal information from customers, shareholders, and other related parties through this website or by other means. We consider it our important duty to protect the personal information of these individuals, and we will make efforts to properly handle and protect personal information based on the following matters. Please note that the publication matters are subject to change without notice.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
In accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Hereinafter referred to as “APPI") and other relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines, we acquire personal information in an appropriate manner and use the personal information only within the scope of the purpose of use described below.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We use following personal information for activities of the company and domestic and overseas group companies (Hereinafter referred to as “our group”) for the following purposes:
(1) Personal information of individual customers and persons concerned
- Inquiries, requests of documents, and records
- Provision of goods, services, and related information (including information on the ordering, shipping, and settlement of goods and services, and the quality of goods)
- Planning, research, and development, and quality improvement of goods and services, or questionnaire survey, etc.
- Web marketing
- Performance of transactions, management of contracts, etc.
- Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under contracts and laws and regulations, etc.
- Contact and provision to those who manufacture and sell products, manufacturers and distributors, etc
(2) Personal Information of Our Shareholders
- Management of shareholders in accordance with the laws and regulations, etc.
- Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under laws and regulations, etc., and responses to related matters
- Responding to various inquiries and requests
- Questionnaire on matters related to relationship-building between our company and shareholders such as general meeting of shareholders, etc. and various policy decisions
(3) Personal information of business partners and potential business partners of company
- Performance of transactions, management of contract related matters, debts, and credits
- Business activities (such as meetings, consultations, and discussions)
- Information on seminars and exhibitions, etc.
- Planning, research and development, and quality improvement of goods and services, or the related questionnaire survey
- Provision and collection of information related to proper use of merchandise and services, etc.
- Provision and collection of quality, safety and effectiveness of merchandise and services, etc.
- Web marketing
- Provision, collection, and review of medical and academic information, etc.
- Contact and provision to those who manufacture and sell products, manufacturers, distributors and persons concerned, etc.
- Exercise of rights and performance of obligations under contracts, laws and regulations, etc. and responses to related matters
(4) Personal information of medical professionals (e.g. doctors and pharmacists), researchers, and participants of clinical research, etc.
- Acquisition of approval and authorization including pharmaceutical applications and approvals in each country
- Research, investigation and information provision in the fields of pharmaceuticals and medical devices, etc. (including quality and effectiveness)
- Notification and report to government offices
(5) Personal Information of internship, recruitment applicants, and school officials in our group
- Information provision and contacts to applicants for a job
- Implementation of internships
- Personnel and labor administration and in-house training after recruitment is determined
- Verification and analysis of screening activities and reference for future screening activities
(6) Personal information of executives, employees and retirees of our group
- Personnel and labor administration
- In-house system operation, registration and management
- Contacts to labor unions, health insurance societies, shareholding associations, life and casualty insurance companies, and our group company, etc.
- Contacts to family members in an emergency
- Support of survey for the provision of information related to proper use of the goods, development activities, and after selling and manufacturing of the goods
- Consideration, effect analysis, and improvement of measures related to health promotion
- Risk assessment of working and working environments (including epidemiological surveys), consideration of measures, impact analysis, and research activities
- Procedures for health insurance, etc. of retirees
- Payment procedures for retirement allowance and pension
- Opinion survey within the company and questionnaire
- In-house training (including e-learning)
3. Security control measures
(1) Establishment of basic policy
We have formulated this publication as a basic policy on the protection of personal information.
(2) Development of regulations
In order to manage personal information securely, we have established regulations concerning the acquisition, use and other handling of personal information, and we require all employees to comply with the regulations.
(3) Systematic security control measures
We have appointed a person in charge of managing personal information to ensure appropriate management of personal information including access restrictions, etc. Also, all employees are required to report to the company when they know of a violation of handling the personal information. Furthermore, in the event of serious incidents concerning the personal information such as leak of information, an expert committee will be established to deal with the matter. In addition, we conduct in-house audits to ensure the appropriate management of personal information by storing access logs, etc. as necessary for ex-post monitoring and implementing other measures.
(4) Human security control measures
We provide in-house training on the handling of personal information.
(5) Physical security control measures
We require all employees to properly manage personal information and devices/electronic media that have a record of personal information, and dispose of them to the extent that they cannot be restored when disposing.
(6) Technical security control measures
In order to properly manage personal information, we place restrictions on access to personal information database, etc. In addition, rational and appropriate security measures have been put in place to prevent unauthorized access from outside the company, loss, damage, destruction, falsification, leakage and unauthorized outflow of personal information, etc. Furthermore, electromagnetic records that contain personal information are protected by passwords, etc. as necessary.
(7) Other security management systems
We may outsource some or all of our operations and provide personal information to such outsourcers to the extent necessary in order to facilitate operations. In such cases, we will exercise appropriate supervision by entering into agreements with such outsourcers concerning the handling of personal information.
4. Provision of Personal Data to Third Party
We will not provide personal data to third parties unless one of the following applies:
- Provision of data to group company concerned in order to jointly use with our company
- Provision of services to subcontractors to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- Provision of data along with business succession
- Prior consent of a person
- Other cases based on laws and regulations
5. Joint Use of Personal Data
We may jointly use personal data of individual customers and stakeholders, shareholders, business partners and potential business partners of corporations, medical personnel such as doctors and pharmacists, researchers, and participants of clinical research, internship and employment applicants to our group, and executives, employees and retirees of our group as follows: Even in this case, we will manage such personal data on our own responsibility.
[Items of personal data to be jointly used]
Name, company name, department name, address, date of birth, personal history, health checkup results, sex, phone number, email address, purchase history of goods and services, browsing history of our website, etc., behavioral history and attribute information obtained from our website, information on medical history and symptoms of persons participating in clinical research, etc.
[Extent of persons to be jointly used]
Domestic and overseas group companies
(For information on each group company, please refer to the links below. )
[Purpose of Use]
Same as the purpose of use described in "2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information" in this publication
[Person responsible for the management of personal data]
Denka Company Limited
Address: Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower, 1 -1 Nihonbashi-Muromachi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Toshio Imai, Representative Director, President
6. Request for disclosure, correction and suspension of use concerning the record of personal data provided to third party and proposal of complaints
We strive to maintain accurate and up-to-date management of personal information. If person concerned wishes to disclose, correct, add, delete, or suspend the use of the record of personal data provided to a third party, we will promptly respond to such request in accordance with laws and regulations to the extent reasonable. In this case, please contact the department in charge in written format or via an inquiry form on website so that we understand your request. The department in charge will inform you about the procedures and expenses. We also respond to complaints about personal information.If you have any questions, please contact below:
Denka Company Limited
[Address] Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower, 1 -1 Nihonbashi-Muromachi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 182-0006
[Inquiry form (URL)] https://www.denka.co.jp/contact/form/input
7. Collection of Personal Information at Destination Site
This site contains links to several external sites, but does not share personal information. We are not responsible for the collection of personal information on the destination website. Please make sure to refer to the details of the handling of personal information at the destination site.
8. About Cookies
Within the scope of "2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information" in this publication, we may collect and use information of access history related to those who access our website from cookie information. However, we do not obtain any information that identifies an individual through cookies unless we obtain your prior consent.
9. About Access log file
We use access log files to analyze usage trends on the site, manage the site, detect user trends and gather a wide range of demographic information for collective use. This allows us to obtain statistical site usage information such as pages you have visited, how long you are on a site, a location just before you access the site, trends in page transition, browser and operating systems, etc., but these are not used to collect personal information.